EUPAVE Annual Report 2020 is out!
The Annual Report provides an excellent overview of the work and objectives of EUPAVE in 2020. We are pleased that we can look back positively on this year and see that our work has been fruitful.
What happened in 2020:
- 2020 was marked by the worldwide Covid-19 crisis. EUPAVE’s WGs already met through teleconferences and we had already planned to organise webinars. However, our Technical and Promotion Committee and Board meetings, as well as our Best Practices workshop and EU event, had to be turned into online events.
- We published 25 articles on the website as well as publications, leaflets and a position paper.
- We sent out 9 newsletters.
- We released three fact sheets on “High Albedo”, “Less Fuel Consumption” and ” 100% Recycling”.
- We also issued the “Guide for design of jointed plain concrete pavements” and a position paper on “The European Green Deal and the role of concrete pavements in the new smart mobility”.
- We organised 3 events:
- EUPAVE’s webinar “Current U.S. practices for successful design and construction of concrete overlays”, 19 May 2020
- EUPAVE’s 5th workshop on Best Practices “Concrete Pavement Preservation”, 14 October 2020 (hybrid event – online and physical)
- EUPAVE’s EU Event “Green Deal: the right choices for a climate resilient and sustainable TEN-T”, 9 December 2020
- We launched the first announcement and call for abstracts of the 14th International Symposium on Concrete Roads.
- We represented EUPAVE in various events organised by stakeholders and European institutions.