LAST CHANCE TO SUBMIT YOUR ABSTRACT to the 14th International Symposium on Concrete Roads!!
The LAST deadline to submit your abstract is 10 April 2022.
Anyone interested is invited to submit an abstract – around 300 words, written in English – related to the themes listed below.
The participant has to fill in the abstract submission form by 10 April 2022 at the latest.
- 1. Concrete roads and the green deal (CO2 reduction – LCA – new binders – albedo – fuel consumption – energy – air and water quality)
- 2. Concrete roads and the circular economy (Circular concepts – recycling – cradle to cradle)
- 3. Concrete roads and economic aspects (LCCA – tendering procedures – price stability – competition)
- 4. Concrete roads and society (Driving comfort – noise – safety – skid resistance – safety barriers)
- 5. Innovative concepts for concrete roads (Big data – BIM – ITS – sensors – energy harvesting roads – electric roads)
- 6. Materials and pavement design (Materials, cement/concrete for various paving applications, concrete road materials for a minimum carbon footprint)
- 7. Highways (Motorways – expressways – CRCP and JPCP – overlays)
- 8. High axle-load areas (Truck parking area – airport pavements – industrial pavements)
- 9. Urban applications (Urban roads and streets – intersections and roundabouts – pedestrian pavements – cycling paths – decorative concrete)
- 10. Maintenance and preservation strategies and techniques (Preservation – repair – maintenance – surface treatments – structural capacity assessment and instrumentation – surface characteristics)
- 11. Case studies (General reports on project applications)
And the 2 special sessions:
- S-1. Baselayers (Hydraulically bound base layers – soil stabilization – in‑situ pavement recycling)
- S-2. Concrete block paving (Concrete paving blocks – tiles – slabs – removable pavements)
The Symposium will be held in Krakow, Poland from 25 till 29 June 2023.
Come join us in Krakow!
Previous articles on the same topic: